Modding and hello!

Posted on 23rd Feb 2009 at 11:22 by Antony Leather with 8 comments

Antony Leather
Actually that should probably be the other way round as I’d first like to say greetings to the bit-tech community! I’m Antony Leather and like Mark who blogged recently, I also joined the Custom PC team in June of last year.

Unlike Mark though, I wasn’t in IT or system building prior to starting at Custom. Instead, the last few years have seen me come very close to becoming a pilot in the forces, then in to housing development of all things. However, my evenings and weekends were spent gaming (mainly FPS and flight sims), overclocking, modding and building a range of water-cooled PCs and I was also the Custom PC forum water-cooling guru for my sins.

I’ve admired bit-tech from afar being a modder at heart and I’ve been in awe of the projects you guys have posted over the years. Which leads me on to the future of modding at bit-tech which will be even more interesting.

Richard and I are working on ways to better support the bit-tech modding community with a greater emphasis on Mod of the Month and, well, modding in general really! In particular I’ll be scouring the forums for the latest talent with the aim of increasing the time and space we dedicate to your projects and to bring more consistency too. If all goes swimmingly we’ll be able to offer bigger, better prizes and sponsorship. I’ll also be searching far and wide to report on mods from other forums too.

So, there’s never been a better time to grab that Dremel or hole saw! I’d also like to hear about any ideas you have for boosting our modding scene – what do you want to see and how we might go about giving you more support. Also what mods do you have in the pipeline? Whether it’s a totally custom case design like Chiaroscuro or if you’re modding an existing case like StackArt, feel free to drop me a line...

jhanlon303 23rd February 2009, 13:34 Quote
Welcome to the BT side. I lost track some time last year mapping the countries represented but we have modders from every continent except Antartica here. It's often a fun place and a good community

john.
craigbru 23rd February 2009, 20:03 Quote
Welcome Antony... to the time-sucking vortex that is bit-tech. I think I've worn out the F5 button on all of my keyboards while waiting for new posts to show up.
Combatus 23rd February 2009, 22:39 Quote
Thanks guys.

Craigbru - I followed Project Rogue for a while last year- Awesome job! I knew the Rogue had potential for water-cooling but quite frankly you took the biscuit!
Mankz 24th February 2009, 09:51 Quote
Wahoo... its Brett's second coming!
Degenerate83 24th February 2009, 12:00 Quote
Welcome Antony!!!!

considering people were worried about the big bad dennis buying bittech it seems that things are on the turn around, and its nice to see that the modding community is finally getting more publicity as look at some of the work we currently have going on right now! its never been a better time.....

one thing i ask tho! please dont allow the modding projet blog system of cpc to happen on bittech! its a damn annoying system to use ( it kept deleating my posts)
Tim S 24th February 2009, 14:05 Quote
There are no plans to change the project logs forums, but we are considering asking a few modders to provide regular updates on the bit-tech Blog... This is still very much in the pipeline though!
Combatus 25th February 2009, 14:49 Quote
Oh yeah forgot to mention in the post - forum name -Combatus = Antony!

I completely agree Degenerate83. I put a few projects up myself before I joined Custom and it was a far from easy task!
Xir 26th February 2009, 12:32 Quote
Well Welcome and may you find some interesting mods to present.